The International Thermoelectric Society (ITS) announces the 2018 Goldsmid Award for Excellence in Research in Thermoelectrics by a Graduate Student.
The award is sponsored by Marlow, Inc., and carries a cash prize of one thousand dollars ($1000) and a Descriptive Certificate that will be presented at the Banquet of the 37th International Conference on Thermoelectrics (ICT 2018), in Caen, France.
In addition, the 2018 Award will include a US$1000 contribution to the awardee to cover travel and fees for attending ICT 2018, July 1 – 5, 2018 in Caen, France.
The Graduate Student Awards follow the same eligibility and selection criteria for the Goldsmid award, and will be awarded to runners-up of the Goldsmid Award, up to four. The Graduate Student Awards are supported by ITS and are US $500 each.
Ph.D. candidate graduate student who is actively engaged in theoretical, experimental, synthesis or device research in the field of thermoelectrics.
Criteria for selection:
The winner will be chosen from among the applicants by a Selection Panel who will consider the following items:
- Journal Articles with publication dates, acceptance dates or submission dates in the 24 months preceding the conference.
- Presentations at local, national and international meetings as well as invited seminars and colloquia in the same period.
- Letters of reference.
- Other recognition.
The 2018 Goldsmid Award Committee appointed by the ITS President will nominate up to but not exceeding six other non-ITS Board members representing various geographical regions to form the Selection Panel. The Selection Panel will review the nominations and make the final recommendation to the 2018 Goldsmid Award Committee.
- Letter of nomination from thesis advisor.
- Copies of publications, acceptances or submissions in the last 24 months. First authorship will be factored in.
- Titles and locale of presentations given in the last 24 months.
- Letters of reference (no more than 3)
The Committee Chair must receive applications by April 15, 2018.