Evident Technologies Inc, located in the heart of Tech Valley in the greater Albany, NY area, is seeking a highly motivated Module Engineer with experience in developing high performance thermoelectric modules to help lead the company’s effort in waste heat recovery applications. Evident offers a creative and challenging environment that is also fun and family friendly. With plans to grow the company in the works, this position is a great opportunity for both professional and personal growth.
Evident, an innovative, fast paced, growing nanotechnology company has a long history of developing cutting edge technology into viable commercial products. Ranging from quantum dot materials, to LED products, Near IR military products and life science applications, Evident is a world leader in nanomaterial product commercialization. Evident employs a renowned group of scientists in a tight knit, collaborative setting with an emphasis on innovation and commercialization.
For more information, visit www.evidenttech.com
- Design, develop and build efficient and long lasting thermoelectric waste heat recovery modules using in-house produced thermoelectric (TE) legs.
- Design and develop heat sinks and identify heat transfer materials to integrate the TE modules into a power generation system.
- Investigate different module configurations to determine best fit for customer’s application as well as best performance, stability and cost.
- Conduct cost of goods analysis to ensure design will meet customer’s price point.
- Determine necessary equipment to build and test module efficiency, source, negotiate and purchase as approved.
- Act as lead contact with current module partner including onsite visits.
- Regular virtual and in person contact with customer’s technical team to ensure modules are meeting their specifications.
- Develop a process that can be scaled to meet manufacturing levels and quality specifications for module production.
- Provide regular status reports, testing results and data to all technical staff; attend and fully participate in all meetings, etc. Communicate effectively to other team members.
- Travel approximately 10% of time. Onsite vendor visits in addition to presenting at and attending relevant domestic and international conferences and customer meetings.
- Keep up to date on all publications and presentations and patents related to the core technology and its applications.
- Assist in patent writing and all other technical writing including but not limited to grant and project reports, posters and presentations.
- PhD in Engineering discipline, material science, or related field preferably with PhD research work in Thermoelectrics.
- Demonstrated high temperature module packaging experience.
- 2 + years experience in a research laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated project management ability and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently; must be a self starter.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Salary and Benefits
Evident offers a very generous employee benefit package; salary is commensurate with experience. The Capital Region of New York State offers low cost of living with excellent school systems, renowned Universities and Colleges (RPI, College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, etc) and is home to both impressive large companies (GE Global Research, Global Foundries) as well as innovative start up technology companies. In addition, Tech Valley offers its inhabitants a vibrant cultural and arts scene, exhilarating year round outdoor activities while only being 2.5 hours from New York City, Boston and Montreal.
How To Apply
Email resume to:
Fax resume to:
518 273 6267
Mail resume to:
Attn: Darcy Englert Shaw, PHR
65 First Street
Troy, NY 12180
Evident Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.