Postdoctoral and Predoctoral positions on ‘Nano-engineered high performance Thermoelectric Energy Conversion devices’ at Instituto de Microelectronica de Madrid IMM-CNM-CSIC – Madrid (Spain):
A four-year position is available for Graduate Students to work towards a PhD Thesis on projects related to the fabrication and characterization of thermoelectric nanowire arrays obtain inside alumina and polymers. Or a two years position for postdoctoral researcher. The job is funded by ERC Starting grant from the European Union.
More specifically, the work to be developed by the successful candidate will be related to anodization of aluminium, electrodeposition of thermoelectrics, diblock copolymers, and characterization by raman spectroscopy, electrical, thermal measurements, atomic force microscopy, electron microscopy, x-ray diffraction, etc.
The work will be developed at IMM, a consolidate research center for nanoscience. Located at Tres Cantos (Madrid) connected with the city center by public transport. IMM offers an excellent research environment, with a close interaction with top-level groups working in several areas of nanoscience. Some details of the offer:
- Duration: four years maximum.
- Requirements: the candidates must have a University Degree enabling them to enroll into a Master Program at a Spanish University. This degree should be in a scientific area related to the project (physics, chemistry, materials science).
- Aim: To work towards a PhD Thesis
- Starting Date: To be decided, but ASAP.
- Applications: Interested candidates should contact Dra. Marisol Martin Gonzalez (email@example.com).
The application should include:
A full, updated CV
A 'student record' from the University, including marks
Two letters of reference (recommended for candidates from Spain, but mandatory for candidates from abroad)
Any previous knowledge in any of the field will be greatly appreciated.
- Deadline: June, 31th, 2010.