This position will be responsible for performing essential laboratory, data reduction, and reporting functions for two major projects within the Advanced High Temperature Materials Group. The first project involves the design and synthesis of novel thermoelectric materials that contain uranium, as well as maintenance of the necessary equipment. The second project involves preparing and executing both short and long term materials compatibility studies relevant to radioisotope power systems used in deep space exploration.
An individual shall not remain in this position for more than two years.
Recent PhD in Materials Science/Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Experience with inorganic synthesis, solid state synthesis, and/or materials processing techniques.
- Demonstrated strong general laboratory skills.
- Experience maintaining complex laboratory equipment/instrumentation.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data obtained from solid state materials.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills necessary to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, author technical/scientific reports and publications, and deliver scientific presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
_Due to the nature of the work US Citizenship is required.
Position Summary Information
The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a top ten Catholic research university. The University seeks outstanding, diverse faculty and staff who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence in teaching, research and artistic creativity, the development of the whole person, and leadership and service in the local and global community.
To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer we will not discriminate against minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Interested candidates should apply here: https://jobs.udayton.edu/postings/27037