The Research Group of Sciences for Engineer (GRESPI) of Reims, France, opens a post-doctoral position in the area of micro and nanoscale heat transfer.
This work will be part of the FP7 project ‘QUANTIHEAT’ supported by European Commission. The project includes 20 partners from different European countries working on the topic of Scanning Thermal Microscopy (SThM) and its applications.
The QUANTIHEAT project tackles issues related to thermal metrology at the nanoscale and aims at delivering validated standards, methods and modeling tools for nanothermal designs and measurements.
The post-doctoral researcher will develop modeling tools aiming to simulate heat transfer within nanostructured systems for microelectronic and thermoelectric applications. The modeling will be based on:
- Stochastic solution of Boltzmann Transport Equation (BTE) using Monte Carlo method;
- Numerical and/or semi-analytical solution of BTE using techniques developed in the field of radiative heat transfer in participating media.
These approaches will permit to predict the effective thermal properties (thermal conductivity, thermal contact resistances) of new materials involved in the QUANTIHEAT project. Moreover, these effective properties will be used as input parameters in multi-scale computer programs developed also in the frame of the QUANTIHEAT project.
Education / Skills / Strengths
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering (Major: Nanoscale heat transfer or Radiative transfer in participating media) or PhD in Solid state physics (Major: Particle transport theory);
- Experience in modeling and simulation including Molecular Dynamics simulation, (numerical and/or Monte Carlo) solution of BTE or Radiative Transfer Equation;
- Background in Fortran or C code, the knowledge of MPI and OPENMP parallelization and LAMMPS Molecular Dynamics code would be a plus;
- Mobility: the post-doctoral researcher may need to travel to various meetings or to partner locations
- Fluent in English.
Position and associated conditions
Type of position: post-doctoral researcher
Gross salary per month: 2360 à 2900 € depending on experience
Type of contract: Non-permanent, full-time position during 12 months
Starting date: September 1st, 2014
Place of work:
Groupe de Recherche en Sciences pour l'Ingénieur
UFR Sciences Exactes et Naturelles
Moulin de la Housse – BP 1039
51687 REIMS cedex 2.
Applications (Resume, letter of motivation, names of two references) should be sent by email before 06/30/2014 to:
Mr. Jaona Randrianalisoa – Assistant Professor
E-mail : email@example.com