My client in Raleigh, North Carolina has retained me to search in the field of thermoelectic devices (expected to dramatically improve the efficiency of heat-to-electric energy conversion). They just closed a Series B financing round of $10M and are in transition from R&D stage to module fabrication and production. The client has previously won a $3M grant from ARPA-E.
Thermal Design Engineer
My client is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on, engineer to play a lead role in the design and development of cooling systems utilizing thermoelectric devices. This position will focus on packaging, heat transfer design, development of experiments, validation of experimental results, optimization of the thermal performance and reliability analysis.
- Design and develop thermal and refrigeration systems.
- Work with diverse team to meet product and design constraints.
- Transform system design concepts to prototypes.
- Assemble and test prototypes.
- Generate innovative options for thermal management challenges.
- MS or Ph.D in relevant engineering fields with 5-10 years of experience is preferred.
- Specific knowledge of thermal-mechanical design, heatsink design, and cooling fan selection
- Experience with ANSYS or similar thermal simulation software
- Knowledge of electronics cooling and packaging
- Hands-on experience in the design of cooling systems using thermoelectric modules is preferred
- Support customer interactions to demonstrate system performance
- Strong communications skills and project management expertise.
Please respond to :