Summary: San Francisco Bay area technology startup company is hiring a materials scientist / materials engineer.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Hire will lead the development of novel materials via mechanical alloying and/or related methods.
- Hire will lead the characterization of novel materials, conducting mechanical, electrical and thermal measurements.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the field of materials synthesis and characterization.
- Minimum of a BS degree in a relevant field, including materials science, electrical engineering, physics.
- Experience in the use of ball milling, vibratory milling, attritor milling, zone melting, spin melting, or similar techniques.
- Experience in the synthesis of thermoelectric, piezoelectric, ceramic, or novel metallic materials from elemental raw materials.
- Experience in precision measurements of thermal, mechanical and electrical properties of novel materials.
- Highly organized and demonstrating the ability to work with a sense of urgency
San Francisco Bay Area, California
Compensation is based on experience.
Candidates are asked to submit brief resume in pdf format.
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org