The 1993 Short Course on Thermoelectrics, SCT-93, was organized by Prof. K. I. Uemura on November 8, 1993 in Yokohama, Japan as part of the 1993 International Conference on Thermoelectrics.
These Lectures provide a snapshot of thermoelectric state-of-the-art circa 1993, when modern-era concepts such as "quantum wells" and "quantum wires" were just being introduced. Much of the material remains relevant and of interest today.
Until now the Lectures from SCT-93 have been available only to those who attended the course in 1993. Click on the links below for scanned PDF files of the Lectures.
- Cover Pages (0.40 MB)
- Lecture 1: An Overview of Thermoelectrics (1.51 MB) - Allred
- Lecture 2: Thermoelectric Fundamentals and Physical Phenomena (0.62 MB) - Vining
- Lecture 3: Selection and Evaluation of Materials for Thermoelectric Applications (2.64 MB)- Fleurial
- Lecture 4: Basic Considerations in the Selection of TE Technology (0.84 MB) - Mathiprakasam
- Lecture 5: Thermoelectric Modules for Power Generation and Cooling (2.50 MB) - Uemura
- Lecture 6: Characterization of TE Materials and Devices (2.31 MB) - Buist
- Lecture 7: How to use Thermoelectrics for Cooling - Modular Approach (2.27 MB) - Stockholm
- Lecture 8: Laboratory, Industrial and Commercial Applications of Thermoelectric Cooling